CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Movie making in the classroom: flip cameras, audacity, and imovie

Movie making in the classroom has many educational applications.  In my first grade classroom, we use it to record buddy reading to check for fluency and expression.  This has really helped increase the use of character voices instead of reading like a robot!

I also use the camera to document my teaching and for my own personal reflection.  Many times we will use it for closure to a lesson by having the students interview one another about what they learned.  In May I am hoping to have the students create their first green screen movie!
Here is an example of the power of green-screen in the classroom from Beth Newingham's Scholastic Blog:
Greenscreen1

Beth gives step by step instructions and tells exactly how to make a movie.  Also, you can check out her finished products on her personal class website:

Here are some resources that were on Free Tech For Teachers.





Making Videos on the Web - A Guide for Teachers



I am presenting on this at a county-wide educational conference in June.  I am still collecting resources to use in my presentation.
How do YOU use movie making in the classroom?

1 comments:

Rachel

Thank you for all the resources! I would love to try movie making. I just wish I had more time! I definitely want to try it out before the end of this school year!

Rachel
Go Fourth! With Owens

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words