CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Technology Finds

Today I attended and presented at Teach Meet Nashville.  It's going on again tomorrow; if you are in the area you really should go!

Here are some new tech tips from the Smackdown session.  The "Smackdown" is an open mic type event.  Each participant gets only 2 minutes to share their favorite tech tips.  I love this because I found a few new things:

Evernote Hello



Twitterfall
A "waterfall" of your twitter feed.  They had this running with our hashtag from the conference (#tmnash12) in the main room.  I think it really helped people connect!  I loved seeing my posts up there too!  :)
Sidenote: If you are just getting started with Twitter, check out this blog post about how educators can use Twitter!


TourWrist
View 360 Panoramic views of places from all over the world with augmented reality on your iPad or smartphone.  You can also create your own "tours!"



Uscape.it
Create 3-D realms!
I'm planning on making a virtual 360 degree tour of my classroom for my website.

Sumdog.com
K-8 Free Math Practice Site

AppStart Great apps to get started with an iPad

Classdojo.com
Real-time web based behavior management (also conveyed to parents) with cute avatars and positive reinforcement!  I love that it can track data and have all your behavior records for the entire year in one place!

Apps4ed.com
Database for educational apps- great resource!

Mixbook
Cybraryman recommended this for sharing during Skype sessions.  He creates books and shares them with classrooms he skypes with.

Sqworl
This is a visual bookmarking site.  I like this one to use with my first graders.  I have a reading one and a math one.  I set them as the homepage for easy navigation.


Flubaroo
Free online grading!  Works with Google Forms.


Flipboard
An app that turns your social media into a magazine format!  My favorite app.  Works with Google Reader, Facebook and Twitter as well as the news.

 Here is a larger list of my iPad recommendations or you can check out my iPad Livebinder.

I also have posts on Augmented Reality, QR Codes, Green Screen Movies, Wordle, and Podcasting.  
What new tech tools have you discovered lately?


3 comments:

Jody

Cool resources...thanks for sharing with us!!

Kristen Alexis

loved some of these!! thanks for sharing! coincidentally, i just got a teaching job in TN. :) So, hopefully, I'll be at more of these fun conferences soon!

Elizabeth

Thank you for this fantastic list :)

Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Post a Comment

Leave some magic words